August 14, 2006

Remember The Milford

I'm thinking about starting a system of measurement for how amazed by obscure nostalgia something makes me. On the "Holy Crap!!"-o-meter... this is about an 8 outta 10.

http://x-entertainment.com/updates/entries/archives/00000817.html - The Milford Plaza

I too remember suffering through this commercial, seeing it at least twenty times a year from, Oh, about 1984 to at last as 96 or 97. Seriously, this was a redwood, or giant turtle of commercials. It has been around.

Totally saving this to my HD when I get home. It blew my mind almost as much as that episode of Family Guy when Stewie had to live in the bubble, and he said something along the lines of "You wouldn't believe the day I had". Then they flashback to a parody of a highly dated, Sesame Street animated skit involving some weird seventies pinball machine that sings and teaches children how to count to twelve. Not Ten. Twelve.

1, 2, 3, 4! 5!

6, 7, 8, 9! 10!

11, 12.

That is about the best anyone can recite on the internet. And it is totally google-proof.

Oh, that reminds me. I got a SWEET new motherboard headin my way. Worth = $360, give or take 40. I got it for $199 bitches!!! I'll have the full rundown at the ole' Team Fortress War Room

No comments: